Friday, February 27, 2015

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy


     For a man best known for playing a character that squashed his human emotions, Leonard Nimoy's passing sure has made many of us emotional. I am a Star Trek fan - not necessarily a fan who could tell you the dimensions and schematics of the Starship Enterprise - but a fan who did buy lots of Star Trek novels while I was in my formative years. I'll admit that I was always a Dr. McCoy lover, but some of McCoy's best moments happened around Spock's character. McCoy was a hot-headed man who wore his heart on his sleeve, and Spock would only express how he felt with a logical lift of his eyebrow. They made excellent foils, and better friends, and I loved every minute of it.


      When Leonard Nimoy began hosting the seminal TV show, "In Search Of...." he became a rock star in my eyes. It was this show that first introduced me to the mysteries of Atlantis, The Bermuda Triangle, Ancient Aliens, the Abominable Snowman, the Loch Ness Monster, and most importantly, Bigfoot. This is where my fascination began, I owe my lifelong love of all things Bigfoot to Leonard Nimoy's ability to scare the crap out of me and intrigue me at the same time.



     Leonard Nimoy passed away today in his home with family. He will certainly be missed. We have already received a number of requests for his music. We will certainly play some on Monday's show. If you have a favorite feel free to drop us an email at shufflefunction@hotmail.com or leave a comment below. Here is one of my favorites -



Shelley

No comments: