Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A MUSIC GEEK HEADS UP SHUFFLE FUNCTIONEERS!




My deluxe Yo La Tengo "Stuff Like That There" set arrived in the mail today from Matador Records, and I am a happy camper. I just sent a text to Shyboy Tim asking if he'd be up for playing the entire album on tomorrow morning's Shuffle Function radio show, and he replied "HELL YES!". That's exactly how I feel about it. If you listen to the radio show, you know how much I love this band - in fact I declared them my favorite band last year, a title not given lightly. We have also made it our mission to play Yo La Tengo every morning on the show, and being 8 months into the year I think we have only missed maybe ten mornings. Right now I find myself  in the midst of that wonderful agony of  wanting to listen to it right freakin' now yet wanting to wait and listen to it with all of you on the air tomorrow. It's requiring all my will power to not flip the record on to my turntable right now. But I love being able to listen to albums and music like this with all of you, sharing that experience together like we are all sitting in bean bag chairs at one big record listening party. And so I will wait. But this isn't cheating, Yo La Tengo released this teaser video a few weeks back. So posting their cover of The Cure's tune "Friday I'm In Love" will help tide me over until tomorrow morning's radio show.



We will play Yo La Tengo's new album in it's entirety and on vinyl tomorrow morning in the second hour of the show, after 7 a.m. You can tune in at 89.7 fm or listen in on-line at www.kmsu.org This is going to be a blast, and I invite you all to join us! SUPER SECRET NOTE: if we can figure out how, we will also play the cassette only bonus tracks!

Shelley

No comments: