Monday, December 28, 2015

LEMMY: KILLED BY DEATH AT AGE 70



Here I am on my sickbed and I see this unbearably crappy news about Lemmy dying.  Indestructible guys like him aren't supposed to die, but then something like "an extremely aggressive form of cancer" proves otherwise.  Considering the balls-to-the-wall Rock and Roll life that he lived, it's pretty impressive that he hit 70.

The first time I ever saw Motorhead was when I first saw the show The Young Ones.  It was the University Challenge episode, which I can still virtually recite from memory, and they were the interstitial music act.  Holy crap did they make an impression, but of course a song like Ace Of Spades isn't worried about whether or not it makes an impression.  Ace Of Spades could give a crap what you think of it, because it's friggin' Ace Of Spades!

RIP Lemmy.  I'm sure there's gonna be a bunch of noise complaints wherever you end up.

Shyboy

No comments: