As of 7:30am on Thursday, December 10th, the Mystery Science Theater 3000 reboot Kickstarter has passed their third goal level! Right now we're getting NINE new episodes of MST3K, and the project gets more and more exciting with each passing day. They've announced the new cast, which is pretty stellar:
- Jonah Ray is the new experiment subject!
- Felcia Day is Kinga Forrester, Dr. Clayton Forrester's daughter, and new Mad #1!
- Patton Oswalt (FOR REAL) is TV's Frank's son TV's Son of TV's Frank!
- Hampton Yount is the new Crow!
- Barron Vaughn is the new Tom Servo!
- Dan Harmon, creator of Community, Rick & Morty, and OH MY GOD, DAN HARMON!
- Justin Roiland, co-creator of Rick & Morty
- Ernest Cline, author of Ready Player One
- Dana Gould, comedian and Simpsons writer
- Patrick Rothfuss, author of Name of the Wind
- Robert Lopez, EGOT winning songwriter of Avenue Q, Book of Mormon, and Frozen
The campaign has hit the 4.3 million dollar level, and there's just under 40 hours left to go. Visit the Kickstarter page and check out all the cool stuff that they have, then help Joel knock it out of the park. PLUS, starting at 7p.m CST, Joel will begin live streaming the final five hours of the campaign, and he'll be joined by loads of musicians and guests. CLICK HERE to watch the grand finale!