Monday, January 11, 2016

REALLY?


David Bowie died this morning after an 18 month battle with Cancer.  Cancer can suck it.

I listened to Bowie's new album Blackstar all last week, and it was a thrill to be able to play it for you guys on his birthday last Friday.  It's inconceivable to think that it's his final album, but should it be any surprise that he went out triumphant?  That's how David Bowie rolled.

This week we'll probably be mourning together on the show.  That's what we do and what we want to do.  We want you guys to let us know how you feel, what you want to hear, and what you want to say about a guy that has made such an impact, not just on music, but on art, culture, and life.

I'm going to try and get back to sleep, as if I'll be able to do anything other than ponder this,

Shyboy

2 comments:

Jeremiah Myer said...

I will miss him, I wanted to be the Goblin King, when I taught my kids what cool was I used David Bowie as the example to follow. Be genuine be yourself and you will be cool. RIP Goblin King!

Flapper Ball said...

Thank you for playing Black Star and for all the Bowie tracks on David Bowie's birthday and the next week, quite a lot of which I'd not heard before, I'm sad to say.

Jim