Thursday, August 18, 2016

HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND SIGN FOR A BUTTLOAD OF BEATIFICS RECORDS!


Holy heck!  After over a year and a half of planning and scheming, the first part of the Beatifics record I'm reissuing has finally arrived.  And, as luck would have it, IT'S THE ACTUAL RECORD!  It's kind of surreal to actually hold a record I've been working on in my hands, and I have to say... it looks kind of sweet.  The labels that Sarah Peterson designed for us turned out amazing, and I can't wait to drop the needle on a copy of this puppy.  Finally, after being out of print for years, my favorite record of all time will available again!

Because this thing makes me all "first day of school photos", I'm posting a few more images from the day.  If all goes according to plan, the record should be available by the end of October.  WOO!

The records were done by Pallas and were manufactured in Germany.  Pallas was awesome, by the way, and I recommend working with them if you ever get records pressed.

This is what a pile of records looks like when you try to find room for them in an office.


The is what the label on side two of the record looks like.  In addition to all the original songs on the album, there will be a download available with bonus tracks!


Nerd.

That's all for this round of updates.  We're still waiting for the jackets to be printed, the liner notes to be completed, and a few other things that are in process.  This whole project has been a blast, and I'm thrilled that it's all coming together.  Thanks for indulging me!

Shyboy

No comments: