Tuesday, October 11, 2016

COUNTDOWN TO HALLOWEEN BLOGPOST #11 - Sweet Tooth Time


Today I want to talk about my favorite candy for Halloween, peanut butter kisses. Along with salt water taffy, I have no control over eating these. As long as these are within arms reach I would eat and eat them until I exploded - like the victim in the movie Se7en who died of gluttony.


These have been around as long as I can remember, and while hunting around on-line today I discovered that they are considered by most trick or treaters to be the worst Halloween candy available! How can these rate lower than candy corn for goodness sake?!! Even if you are not a fan, the peanut butter kisses are still better than getting a toothbrush, an apple, or a mini pack of crayons..I just don't understand.


These are some of the comments I found on-line by the haters about my favorite candy.

* "My Mom would always inspect my candy before I could eat any of it and these candies always went straight into the trashcan. They were poorly packaged and would often appear to be partially open. And then the idea of eating a candy in cheap waxy black wrappers didn't sit well with us."

* "In my neighborhood these would have gotten your house rolled and your car door handles covered with ketchup.I know for sure that the instant these hit my tongue they would be violently ejected and I would vomit if forced to eat one. There are vegetables I would rather eat than this piece of candy"

* "The people who gave these candies out were always old and retired looking."

* "I would eat chocolate covered raisins before I'd eat one of these! They were given out by houses who weren't trying really hard."

* "I bought a bag of these to give out to trick or treaters, and when I got home with them my wife said that the kids won't eat these. I had never tried them before so we opened up a few and sampled them. My wife was right - they went right in the trashcan."

* "I always thought that if my parents made me eat these it was because they hated me".


Here's what I suggest we do. I am willing to take it for the team. If you receive a bunch of these while out trick or treating and you don't want to eat them and you aren't comfortable with throwing away food, I will help you out. You know where to find me  - I'm at the station every morning until 9 a.m. I will take those orange and black wrapped peanut butter kisses off your hands. Hey, it's the least I can do for our awesome KMSU listeners!


Don't forget that you have two opportunities to trick or treat with us at Shuffle Function this Halloween season. The first is at Grind-Fu Cinema on October 22nd, 7 p.m. at the Weicking 220 Auditorium on the campus of MSU Mankato. The second is Halloween morning. Bring you kids or just yourself and stop by the KMSU studios from 6 to 9 a.m. on October 31st. We are located on the second floor of the Alumni Foundation Building - call us that morning if you need directions. 

Shelley

No comments: